Tuesday, June 1, 2010

People You Need On Your Speed Dial

Maybe you’re handy with your hands, have a garage or basement filled with tools and can build a home with nothing more than a shovel, hammer and screwdriver, I can’t. One of the top five people on my speed dial is  a guy named Joe the handyman. Joe can stop a leak, replace a fuse box and rebuild my back deck. I can’t do what he can and he’s on my list.

The other necessary person on my speed dial is my attorney. It’s taken me a lifetime to find but I don’t do anything without talking to him.  Trust me, if you don’t have an attorney one day you’ll need one and you’ll pay an arm and a leg to find one that you can trust. Why put yourself into that position. You need a Will, maybe a Trust, start the search today and get that person on your speed dial.

People with complicated income tax returns still do it the old fashioned way. I don’t get it, maybe I never will. I learned the hard way when a bookkeeping firm did my income taxes when I first started in the business, I was audited and couldn’t get the bookkeeper to represent me.  Find and treasure your CPA firm. It only costs a bit more to go first class. They belong on your speed dial.

I need a good casualty insurance company that answers their phone, talks to me, handles claims and doesn’t make things complicated. I shop service as much as price. Ages ago I left the Alphabet insurance company because the service was bad. In the past year I’ve had several claims from a tree falling on my truck to having power go out when I was not home and having a freezer filled with spoiled food. Both claims were processed easy-peasy and paid. Buying cars, homes and switching coverage is made easy with one call and they fax, e and do the rest. Number 4 on my speed dial.

Finally, you need someone like me. I know most investment portfolios my clients own, what stage of life they are and how much risk they feel comfortable with. I don’t do anything fancy but specialize in investment planning and analysis by keeping things simple and communicating with clients. I should be on your list and no matter where you live it’s toll free.

If you have questions call Paul, or put him on your speed dial 877 783 7080, or write him at pstanley@westminsterfinancial.com. Share this with someone who cares about their money.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment